Tuesday, July 26, 2011



"Blackwater Traditions"




This is a photo of the creek / river where we spent a few hours today. And, of course, there is a story behind it! When I was a little girl, every summer my mother, grandmother and great-grandmother would take me, my brothers and my sister and several other cousins down to a swimming hole on this creek / river. We had some wonderful times swimming, picnicking, rope-swinging and just plain exploring. I guess I have gotten sentimental in my old age - after all, I will be 40 in a few short weeks! I decided a few weeks ago, that I would love for my children to have some of those same memories. So today, despite the 70% chance of thundershowers, we loaded up and headed out to find the perfect spot. And although it was not the exact place we used to go (that place is so grown up it is no longer accessible), we got directions from a dear, sweet friend and were able to find a place to start our own "Blackwater Traditions!"


Andrew, Ty, Amy, Allie, Brady and Conner





Catching tadpoles






























Thanks to Nana and Daddy Jim for going with us. As you can see, we had the cousins and the grandparents for memory making!






Notice we took our beach gear with us, but after a few minutes Brady declared, "Mom, this is better than the beach!"







We are already excited about our next trip!









"Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children."



Proverbs 17:6

No comments:

Post a Comment