Monday, July 18, 2011

Jacobs Family Reunion

For the first time in 12 years, the Jacobs family did NOT go to Lake Martin the 3rd weekend in July. Back during the winter and spring, when it was time for the usual planning of this annual event, we weren't sure what the situation with Grandmother would be in July. After she passed away in May, we decided that even though going to the lake would not be possible this year, we still want to set aside the 3rd weekend in July for a Jacobs' family get-together. So, this year we spent Saturday afternoon at my parents' house eating, fellowshipping and swimming in the rain! Although the weekend will never be quite the same without Grandmother, we hope to return to Lake Martin next summer!





Lydia and Emory






Katy, Amy and Brady


Conner




Allie






Katy and Brady







Aubry, Emory and Conner








Emory, Conner, Lydia and Peyton







Peyton, Aubry and Emory







Lydia








Peyton








Emory and "Charlie"







Lydia






"Keep Away"








"Charlie" and Conner










"Chicken Fights"














"Popsicle Time"


I am truly blessed to have been born into such a wonderful family!




"But you, O Lord, sit enthroned forever; Your renown endures through all generations."


Psalm 102:12



1 comment:

  1. My 12 year old Justin downloaded the picture of Brady's foot sticking out of the pool. He cracked me up when he was looking at the picture. He grinned and exclaimed, "Check out Brady's toes! They are long and look just like my toes! I have twin feet and they look really good!" He went on to say, "If he was my boy and I took his socks off and smelled his feet I bet they would be stinky LOL!" Then his 10 year old sister Jennifer chimed in and exclaimed, "I bet Brady's feet smell really good like Roses LOL!"

    ReplyDelete